A Busy Mom’s Guide to Fast, Easy Makeup Looks
With a completely packed calendar of meetings, basketball games, volunteering in the classroom and helping your daughter with her homework, back-to-school means your day is just getting started when you leave work in the evening. Not to mention, you still have to get dinner on the table before midnight. Ready for that second latte yet?
Amidst the craziness of adjusting to a new schedule, it’s easy to forget that your little girl isn’t so little anymore. The first week of a new school year is a crucial time to make a good impression, and your teen might start experimenting with makeup to boost her “cool factor.” A little blush, a touch of mascara, maybe even some pink lipstick. What could go wrong?
A lot, actually. We don’t have to tell you to pull out your high school yearbook to convince you that bad makeup is just – bad. But since your daughter is going to wear makeup anyway, you may as well help her look beautiful (and age-appropriate). To give you some inspiration, we’ve narrowed down a handful of beauty tips and tricks for a fresh back-to-school look. You may even want to steal a few of them for yourself!
- Get a flawless, no-makeup look with BB Cream. It blurs imperfections, hydrates, smoothes, and brightens and evens your skin-tone. Look for one with SPF 30 for protection against harmful UV rays.
- Achieve beautiful brows in seconds. Once you have a shape you’re happy with, it only takes a moment to define your eyebrows with makeup. We love using CAILYN Cosmetics Gelux Eyebrow to shape, define and fill.
- Define your eyes with mascara. Perfectly arched brows will draw attention to your eyes. For a look that’s glamorous yet manageable for early mornings, swipe on a volumizing, curling and lengthening mascara.
- Extend your summer glow. Give your complexion natural-looking warmth with bronzer. A bronzing highlighter stick is easy to use and gives you a sun-kissed look without sun-damage.
- Keep your lip color light and fresh. A bold lip color will draw attention away from your perfect brows and beautiful eyes. Instead, look for light pink lip-gloss in a shade that complements your skin tone.
Of course, you don’t have to be in the back-to-school mindset to debut the latest beauty trends you’ve been eyeing. Whether you’re 15 or 55, fall is a wonderful time to upgrade your style and head into the coziest season of the year with a fresh look.
It all begins with a perfect eyebrow
At Bare Elegance in La Jolla, we believe that perfect eyebrows have the power to transform your face, and at our Brow Bar, we can help you get the brow shape that accentuates your eyes and flatters the contours of your cheeks.
Whether you’re craving a new look or love your eyebrow shape and simply want to maintain it, allow us to help enhance your most important facial feature at our new Brow Bar. As part of our “Premium Eyebrow Service,” you’ll even receive a complimentary application of light, daytime makeup to complete your look.
Fill out our online form or call us at (858) 412-5392 to schedule your appointment today.